Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Splashdown!

Today I went to the California State Fair to watch Abigail show some of her pygmy goats, then went to the Raging Waters water park on the fairgrounds with my brothers and some family friends. I'm going to get more time in the water in the few weeks I'm here than in the entire last two semesters (in truth, I think I already have). If you ever get a chance to go to that park, I highly recommend the Dragon's Den ride. You go by two's in two-person inner tubes down a steep drop in the dark, circulate around in a giant whirlpool for two or three revolutions, then finally vanish down another short drop and get ejected out into the splashpool at the end. The description just given, however, really doesn't quite capture the essence of it, nor the mix of anticipation, terror, and exhilaration that comes with riding it (especially because the official policy of "heavier person in the back" can send the inner tube backwards down the final chute).

It's just something you have to experience to really understand, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.