Saturday, July 24, 2010

The saga continues...

Well, interestingly enough, that same mama duck has now hatched a second chick, all white this time. I found it outside the nest when I went out to check on her this evening. I'm guessing that the duck pushed it out when she realized it wasn't a duckling, so I don't feel quite so bad about playing Chick Protection Services for this one. The first one was quite happy to get a companion of the same species, too.

Also, apparently mama duck decided that psychological warfare wasn't working against me, and decided to abandon it in favor of full-on attack mode, latching on with her bill while simultaneously directing a flurry of wing-blows at any accessible part of my anatomy. I carried around marks from our latest encounter for several hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.