Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back to the daily grind.

I haven't had time to write for a while because I've been rather busy this week with two homeworks due on Friday and a Partial Differential Equations take-home test due next Wednesday. It's not helping my efficiency that I'm trying to learn some of the new programs I installed over spring break at the same time, like \(\LaTeX\) for typesetting homework. Typesetting things is immensely fun, almost addicting, but the learning curve is...not gentle. Still, the rewards are great, and it's an investment that will continue to pay off throughout my life. It's very satisfying to watch a long, complicated plain text document get turned into an elegant PDF file with everything arranged in a professional looking manner. I'll try to insert a sample from my homework of \(\LaTeX\)'s beautiful formatting when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.