Saturday, February 13, 2010

fried eggs + electric stove = bad

Today's post will be a little collection of various random things I've had in my head over the last week but didn't have time to set down due to getting my new computer. Which, by the way, I still plan to write a comprehensive review on either Sunday or Monday. But today is just a quick post, so I can get to all the homework I have.

Sunday was a pretty momentous day for me. As I mentioned last week, I took the drive test up at the Vis and am now a certified driver for MKSS (Mauna Kea Support Services). Sunday was the first time since then that I went up. Strangely, that day, the other certified driver who was scheduled to go couldn't make it, so I was the only person who showed up. To be sure, I had been hoping to drive on Sunday, but not by myself! It was with no small trepidation that I started up the assigned minivan and headed off. But despite my worry, and the fact that Saddle road is a genuinely dangerous road if you're not careful, I made it safely. I guess I'm REALLY a certified driver now.

Speaking of which, tonight is the second Saturday of the month, which means that the University Astrophysics Club of which I am vice president gets to bring as many people up as they want to help out at the Vis, so I'll be heading up there tonight. From what I've heard, a goodly number of the certified drivers won't be able to make it, so I'll probably get to drive up again. It's nice to be driving again, although a little weird given that I've been walking most of the time for the last 6 or 7 months.

Anyway, I need to finish this and get on to other things today.  I have...let's see...three homework assignments and a take-home exam to work on, which makes me very happy it's a three day weekend this week!

A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.