Thursday, January 26, 2017

State of the Blog, 2017

Another year has come and gone, and now that I have that little graph-generating script I used last year to make a plot of my post activity per month, I thought I'd make use of it again (with a few tweaks, what was I thinking stylistically last year‽).


Nothing too surprising here. I got a little boost at the start of 2016 compared to 2015, then gradually dropped back to my usual 2–3 posts per month. While looking at this graph, it struck me that a histogram showing how often each number came up would be interesting, so I quickly added some code to the script to generate one:

Well, I was right that it turned out rather interesting! Peaks at two, seven, and ten, but five and nine are both relatively unpopular numbers—huh. I doubt I'll be reaching the heady heights of fifteen again, but I do hope to keep that solitary, single one from getting any higher. A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.