Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ka Pāʻina Pani Kau (End-of-Semester Party)

Today was the end-of-semester party for Ka Haka ʻUla o Keʻelikolani, the Hawaiian language college, where our class performed our hula that we started learning three days ago. Thankfully everything went off without a hitch, and since we were the third group to go we got to watch the rest of the proceedings in relative relaxation.


Just like last semester there were some good performances, a lot of mediocre ones, a few really awesome ones. The best one, in my opinion, was a second year class that took the phrase “May God be with you, until we meet again,” translated it into Hawaiian (“ke Akua pū, a hui hou kākou”), and wove an excellent multi-part choral harmony out of it. I really, really wish I had some sort of video camera or something to record some of the performances.

Ke Akua pū, a hui hou kākou! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.