Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Resurrection Day!

“No ke aha lā ʻoukou e ʻimi ai i ka mea ola i waena o ka poʻe make? ʻAʻole ʻo ia ma ʻaneʻi; akā, ua ala aʻe nei ia.”  -Luke 24:5b-6a
“Why will you search for the Living One among dead people? He is not here, but He just rose.”

Heh, translating that reminds me how much more difficult it is to make direct literal translations from Hawaiian than it is from Greek. Lots of fun though. Thought I'd do something different from last year, and go with Hawaiian and Luke, first-rate historian that he is, instead of Greek and Matthew. Maybe next year I can do Latin. And after that...I'll have to re-pick up one of the languages I started learning once upon a time...Arabic, or Hebrew, or...Nahauatl, or something. Or pick up something entirely new. Choices! Choices!

Happy Easter, everyone! A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.