Sunday, March 27, 2011

In Search of the Sunrise: Part III

Saturday Jonathan and I got up at 5:30 to try our luck at capturing a Hawaiian sunrise on film (well, disk). It was our most laughable attempt so far: we tried a new location, a very nice one, but the clouds to the east didn't budge, Jonathan forgot his memory card, and I didn't realize I'd been taking pictures without auto-focus on till just before the sun was set to rise. So all we got out of it was two pictures. Although the location was definitely promising enough to try again; even without being able to see the sun it was rather pretty.


We drove out of Hilo to the north for this one along the Hāmākua coast so we could look south and east across Hilo bay to see the sunrise. You can see the long Hilo breakwater guarding the bay in the picture above.

It looks like we'll have to drag ourselves out of bed yet again! But don't worry, we do not intend to stop until we've managed to catch a real picturesque sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.