Thursday, February 24, 2011

Clouds a-flame.

In my last post, I put up some incredible pictures from Mauna Kea from an arduous journey through a hostile environment (the summit of Mauna Kea is not friendly towards humans even at the best of times). But today I was reminded that beautiful sights can come to you when you least expect it, sometimes without even leaving your living room. This afternoon I looked up from my computer to see this amazingly scenic sunset taking place over Hilo:


We had quite a thunderstorm last night, so the local weather patterns might have had something to do with it.

Edit (3/1/11): Turns out this is my 150th post! I didn't realize I have that many already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.