Saturday, March 6, 2010

Various Errata

Hello everyone,

It's been a little while since I wrote, due to being busy with school, but that is finally starting to slow down a little after the hectic last two weeks. "Slow" is a relative term, of course, but I actually have a bit more free time today that I haven't really had for the last few days. Hence this post.

I wanted to mention two things today: the first is a music group I came across a few days ago, and felt I had to mention. It's called Beethoven's Wig, and if you like classical music, you are almost guaranteed to like this site. Even if you don't like classical music, you might like this site. Beethoven's Wig is the brainchild of a guy named Richard Perlmutter, who takes famous (and not-so-famous) classical works and sets words to them, with a lyrical skill I have seldom seen. The words seem to flow so naturally to the music that it makes you think the original composer simply forgot to include them, but they manage to be both funny and (usually) informative too. They often include information about the piece, the composer, or other information, and are probably going to be stuck in your head for quite a while after listening.  Go to the "Music" link where you can listen to full versions of all the songs on their 4 CD's. Enjoy!

Second: I finally got around to taking some pictures of my new computer, alongside my old one. Behold!
(The new one is on the left, if you don't know)

(View comparing the width of the two computers. Note the full keypad on my new one)
Both computers in the wild. I needed to use them both for the Partial Differential Equations take-home test you see me working on there in the picture.

I wasn't able to capture it on my camera, but I wanted to mention the beautiful color scheme on my computer. I got such an incredible deal on the rest of my computer that I splurged and spent a little extra to get the white color scheme instead of the black, and I'm glad I did. Normally I'm a strict member of the "form follows function" school of thought, but I just couldn't stand the default black color scheme that it came with, and I don't regret it. It's actually not just plain white, it's got a sort of inlaid gray pattern that looks like a river, or a blizzard, or something. It's very pretty, too bad I couldn't capture it.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean by inlaid gray pattern that looks like a river...I've seen some of those. Very pretty. Mine is metallic-looking silver lid with brushed gunmetal around the keyboard lol.

    ReplyDelete

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.