Monday, January 11, 2010

New classes, new teachers... (part I)

Well, my first day of classes has gone well so far. I don't have time to write much because Callie, who coordinates the volunteers at the Mauna Kea visitor center, called apologizing for yesterday and asked if I wanted to come up another time. I found out tonight was open, so I jumped at the chance to get up there before having too much homework on my plate. Hence this post will be short.

 My classes look like they will go well. I guess it's a good sign that I lost track of time in my Electromagnetism class, despite the fact that we were merely covering basic vector calculus formulae which I've already seen before. Dr. Crowe made an interesting point, though, when he said that of the four fundamental forces of the universe, only Electromagnetism can we make any sort of claim to understand fully. Having had a taste of the subject last semester, I'm looking forward to more fully exploring it this time around.

 I have more to say, but I've run out of time to say it today. I think I'll try to keep this blog updated pretty frequently, perhaps even daily. Sort of like a journal. Tomorrow I'll try to give you a little run-down on my trip to Mauna Kea tonight.
A hui hou! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.