Tuesday, June 29, 2010

EM vs. Gravity:

Back in my first entry for the month of May, I mentioned a rather amazing experience I had with a pair of ridiculously strong magnets. I haven't mentioned it before, but those magnets ended up in Dr. Takamiya's office over the summer, allowing me to experiment (ok, play) with them in my free time.

In case you were wondering how big these magnets are, I took some pictures today during lunch of me releasing one magnet from below the bookshelf the other one was sitting on.


That photo was a 1/60 second exposure with flash, which should give you some idea of how fast that magnet is moving: very. It took me over 20 tries to capture this particular photo; every other time the magnet either hadn't left my hand yet or was already stuck fast against the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.