Tuesday, November 3, 2020

A Weird Week (2020 Edition)

I've now made more social visits in the past three days (two) than in the prior seven months (one), now that Melbourne has emerged from its second lockdown. I've gone from shivering two days ago to being mildly too hot today. I also voted by absentee ballot from overseas for the first time! It's been a weird week.

Saturday I went into Swinburne for the first time since mid-March to pick up various things from my desk, including a small fraction of the painting supplies I left there. I'm fairly excited about this, as I have some new (old) projects to work on, and options to work on them with now! (I also saw a friend who lives nearby, hence the social visit.)

If I'd been thinking, I could've printed out my absentee ballot to sign it while I was there (assuming the printer was still powered up and connected), but I didn't, so thankfully some good friends of mine in Mitcham helped me out there. I just emailed the scanned, signed ballot off an hour ago, so that's all taken care of. (Thankfully Hawaii makes it convenient to vote, although at least I was on top of things enough this time around to have requested it back at the end of September so I could've mailed it in on time if need be. Hopefully. You never know with the global postal service this year.)

The weather is finally starting to show signs of warming up, too, with today being comfortable in the morning and even hot in the afternoon—though there's a storm predicted for tomorrow afternoon which will plunge the temperatures back down into “decidedly chilly” for another few days. Still, in my (limited) experience it seems like the weather in Melbourne generally warms up in November, and it seems to be on its way. The days are quite noticeably longer now so when it's clear the Sun really heats things up. That's about all for now, though! A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.