Sunday, February 17, 2019

Healesville Sanctuary Trip the Second

Well, it's been nearly a month since my family departed back to California and things have mostly settled back into a familiar routine. I was a bit trepidatious about getting back to work on my research after a month away, but it turned out to be surprisingly easy to pick up where I'd left off; I think the re-writing of my code I've been doing after the SciCoder workshop in November has paid off with more easily-understandable and maintainable code. Our weekly art workshops at Swinburne have resumed and I've gotten back into painting regularly again; I've picked up a bunch of new paint and painting supplies and I've got several exciting projects in progress and ideas for several more, but I'm going to wait till they're finished before showing them off here so that'll be a post for another time!

For today, though, I have a few pictures from the trip we took to Healesville Sanctuary:


Here's one of an endangered Regent Parrot eating out of a dish I'm holding in one of the several aviaries at the sanctuary.


And here's a Red-Tailed Black Cockatoo!


This is an echidna, something I don't remember seeing in my trip to the sanctuary last year. This one was pretty funny, as for the entire time we watched it never stopped waddling around its enclosure (for what reason we were unable to determine).


And finally, me with some native Australian fauna I found in the gift store on the way out.

I've got a lot more pictures to go through so there are more coming, and hopefully I'll have the next ones up with less of a wait in between. A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.