Friday, August 31, 2018

An Observation on Communication

I noticed this the other day as I was explaining, for the umpteenth time, what I do as part of my Ph.D.:


I suppose I really shouldn't be complaining about people being eternally interested in what I do, but it does get a little tiring explaining (what are, ultimately, some fairly esoteric and difficult concepts) over and over again to new people. At least I'll have lots of practice! A hui hou!

Edit (6/3/22): It has occurred to me, in the interim, that the joke would be even better (and much more realistic) with the person on the left saying “Wow! I didn't understand a word of that!” at the end, in both panels. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.