Friday, January 12, 2018

Transit of Venus: Reloaded: Director's Cut

Remaking and rebooting things seems to be all the rage these days, so I figured it was time for me to join the bandwagon and take a shot at redoing one of my old videos from 2012 about the transit of Venus. Well, actually I was recently reminded of its existence and decided that I could do better now. The original video was from before I'd started really working at video editing, and was probably made in Windows Movie Maker. I wouldn't call it bad, and you can already see some of the hallmarks of my video editing style even back then, but I think this one's a bit better overall. I've gone back and replaced the old version from 2012 with this one, as Blogger's video hosting abilities have always felt a bit shaky to me—one of the reasons I didn't upload many videos prior to getting a YouTube channel. (Two, actually, one for gaming that I introduced in the previous post and a second more general one seen here for everything else.)


(Fun fact, the title in the thumbnail there was recycled from the original video.)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Dan! I especially like your choice of the background music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon! I'm putting those sound effect libraries to good use. :)
      I wanted to try something different from the usual music I use, and I liked the sense of ethereality the music gave it. Glad you liked it!

      Delete

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.