Saturday, March 11, 2017

Vectorizing Kalundwe's Flag

Today flag vectorizing target is Kalundwe, a small nation in the heart of Africa so obscure it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page in English. It's part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo nowadays, though it was free for a few hundred years between approximately 1350 to 1600, according to what I could find. I realized I edited together the video and even uploaded it to YouTube but hadn't put it in a blog post yet, so here you go!

Kalundwe's starting location in Europa Universalis IV in 1444, nestled between the nations of Kuba and Luba.
Kalundwe was eventually conquered by the neighboring nation of Luba, and became associated with it. The design on their flag in Europa Universalis IV looks like it may have been inspired by Luba-Kalundwe royal cups such as the one seen in this blog post.


Not much else to say about this one, it was a fairly straight-forward tracing process. A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.