Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fax by Internet

The other day I ran into the need to send a fax while I was at home and without access to one of those archaic machines. Being of limited mobility to actually go out and find a fax machine I could use, I was inwardly bemoaning the fact that in this modern age I couldn't just email the required documents (since they were all on my computer already anyway) when I happened to stumble across a very useful website.

FaxZero is a website that lets you send faxes over the Internet. All you have to do is fill in some basic information about yourself and the recipient, attach the files you wish to send, and away they go! There are two different modes: you can send up to five free faxes a day, as long as they're three pages or less and you don't mind an ad appearing on the cover page. Or, you can pay $1.99 for an ad-free (or non-existent) cover page, plus the ability to fax up to fifteen pages at a time. All in all, quite the handy website if you need to send the occasional fax but don't have easy access to a fax machine. It helps if you're faxing documents that are already digitized, otherwise you'll have to scan them or something similar, but it works very well. You can attach files with extensions .DOX, .DOCX, and .PDF, which ought to cover most of your faxing needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.