Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yet Another Mauna Kea Panorama (YAMKP)

Well, it's taken me almost two months, but here's a panorama of Mauna Kea I was able to get back in November:

Mauna Kea, with Mauna Loa visible in the mid-right.
Edit (3/6/18): And here's a slightly different version made with Hugin, now with Mauna Kea in the center of the photo. I usually leave the old manual versions around as mouseover images, but in this case the two compositions are different enough that I've left them separate.

And Mauna Loa on the left.
I don't have much to say about it, other than that I think it looks pretty good, although it was a bit more work than usual to stitch together. It does nicely show the sea-of-clouds effect we usually get over the Saddle region between the two volcanoes by mid- to late-afternoon.

Random trivia fact: the first image above is merely 20% the size of the original, which was a whopping 17,542 by 2001 pixels and used a total of 10 different photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.