Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yet Another Mauna Kea Panorama (YAMKP)

Well, it's taken me almost two months, but here's a panorama of Mauna Kea I was able to get back in November:

Mauna Kea, with Mauna Loa visible in the mid-right.

I don't have much to say about it, other than that I think it looks pretty good, although it was a bit more work than usual to stitch together. It does nicely show the sea-of-clouds effect we usually get over the Saddle region between the two volcanoes by mid- to late-afternoon.

Random trivia fact: the image above is merely 20% the size of the original, which was a whopping 17,542 by 2001 pixels and used a total of 10 different photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.