Friday, June 17, 2011

More supernova pictures.

Hello everyone, I know it's been a while since I last posted, I've been busy helping out with VBS every night. Also, I was hoping to have a color image of that supernova for you, but I'm still working out how make one. So in lieu of that you get another gray-scale one. I took this one last Saturday night.

Messier 51 with supernova visible in the upper-right area. See the post below for an exact pointer.

If you think it looks very similar to the picture in my last post, well, you're right. I don't know if it is possible to tell by comparison, but when blinking between the two images the supernova is noticeably brighter in the later image (this one) than the earlier one. Not much, but a noticeable amount. I'll try to get another shot of it sometime next week, and see if it has started to fade at all by that point. Pretty interesting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.