Tuesday, August 30, 2022

An aerial view of Richardson beach

I randomly learned today that August 30 is National Beach Day, so in honor of this day I'd never heard of before, have this lovely panorama I put together from a visit to Richardson beach a few weeks ago.

Richardson beach is a popular local place on the outskirts of Hilo to go for swimming, and I think snorkeling as well; those little outlying island help break up the incoming waves. It's actually appeared on this blog before, way back in the misty recesses of 2011, when I was still only an undergraduate student in my second semester at UH Hilo trying to get some decent sunrise photos. Since I don't, in general, tend to spend a lot of time near the ocean that previous trip remains one of the handful of times I've seen a sea turtle here. It's  Anyway, happy National Beach Day! A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.