The hurricane seasons continues to churn in the Pacific, kicked into overdrive by the strongest El Niño on record. This past Saturday hurricane Nolo swung by south of the islands, bringing some rain but staying far enough away to not bring much wind. Thankfully there wasn't much damage; I think only a few people even lost power. UH Hilo preemptively shut down Thursday and Friday, which – as the AC remains broken in STB – was a welcome opportunity to work from home and catch up on grading homework in some lovely cool weather. In fact this week the word came down that we're to minimize our time in the building, with various classes being temporarily relocated, so I've been working mostly from home the past few days. The AC may be fixed next week, though, so we'll see how that goes. Never boring around here! A hui hou!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.