Monday, July 22, 2024

Updates and interviews

This will be fairly short life update, as today I finished the third of three job interviews in the span of less than a week. This is new territory for me, as I've never actually had multiple job applications out like this before, and the stress of preparing for multiple interviews has been rather occupying my mind for the past few weeks. I also managed to miss one of them entirely last week by getting the time difference between California and Hawaii backwards (which certainly didn't help my stress levels!), though thankfully they rescheduled it to today. (Yes, this is a time difference I've been handling routinely for over a decade…including over the International Date Line while I was in Australia…and which I checked online to make sure I had correct…)

I won't go into too much detail about the various jobs since I don't know if any of them will actually pan out, though I do think all three interviews went pretty well. In the order I had the interviews for them, the first job would be the most different from what I'm currently doing but also involve staying in Hilo and be the least disruptive overall. The second would keep me on the island (just not in Hilo) and be closer to what I currently do, while the third would be the closest, but involve moving to California.

All of which makes it rather difficult to choose; I quite like what I do now (full-time software development), but I'd also really like not to have to move. I won't hear back for a few weeks though, so that's a (possible) decision I don't have to make just yet at least. I've been weighing different possibilities and option in my mind for days now, but ultimately I'll just have to wait and see what offers (if any) I get. It's now less than three months until my time with Gemini is up, so whatever happens things will be changing for me in the near future. (I checked, and my last day is officially October 9th.) I suppose, if nothing else, it'll give me some new things to write about! A hui hou!

2 comments:

  1. We are all waiting impatiently to see which job you end up at, since I'm sure you'll get offered at least one job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meanwhile I'm enjoying a last few days of relative normality before having to potentially make a hard choice and/or start preparing to upend my life again. :)

      Delete

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.