Sunday, May 19, 2024

A belated birthday

Another year, another birthday, and I forgot to write my usual birthday blog post! And I'm 35 now, old enough to be president. This past week was a bit topsy-turvy and I even thought about it the night before, and just forgot. It was the annual board meeting at Gemini last week, which meant a number of additional people around, some sessions open to staff (which I mostly listened to in the background on Zoom while getting work done), some meetings with board members interested in talking to the staff, a team meeting for my team since my boss was out in Hilo, and just generally a lot of things out of the ordinary routine which threw me off.

And for added fun, the air conditioning has been out on the second floor (where my office is) for the past two weeks. It gets uncomfortably warm pretty quickly with the windows closed (due to a lot of electronics in the building generating heat), but thankfully the past two weeks have also had somewhat turbulent weather with a bit of breeze, so with the windows open and a fan on me it's not too bad. Hopefully we can get that fixed fairly soon, as we're around the time it transitions from the cooler/rainier winter weather to warmer summer weather. We've had some later-than-usual stormy weather this year (having lost time on the summit from storms this past week), but I imagine it'll start being hot and sunny pretty much any day now. Never a dull birthday here! A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.