Saturday, September 30, 2023

Life lived in one place

As of today it's been about two years since I moved back to Hawaii from Australia. Together with the nine years I spent in Hawaii before, I've now lived a little over eleven years here. That's now finally (and definitively) longer than the previous longest span of time I lived somewhere, in California (which was about nine and a half years). I was going to write about this last year when I surpassed that record, but I have once again managed to get off-by-one-year in my reckoning of anniversaries. (I suppose summer trips back home during college would've added several months to the California total, so waiting another year is playing it safe.) We'll see if I can manage to beat my record for continuously living in one place someday…though given past events I'll almost certainly remember it a year late if I do.

Anyway, that's about it for this post, just a little rumination on life. My family moved multiple times during my early childhood, so while I've lived in quite a number of places, I've only spent more than five years in just two, California and Hawaii. Hopefully, I'm finally at a point in life where I can minimize the number of future moves I have to make, as after experiencing multiple different climates in my life, I've discovered that “tropical island” suits me juuuust fine. We shall see what the future holds, I suppose. A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.