Monday, October 5, 2020

Three Years in Melbourne

I'm a few days late to the exact date, but this week marks three years since I came to Melbourne. The weather is finally starting to show signs of spring, though being Melbourne it continues to oscillate wildly—I had to laugh a few days ago when I saw this prediction on my weather app:

Note the Monday high lower than the Sunday low.

Saturday and Sunday were indeed beautiful; I took a walk in shorts, T-shirt, and even sandals (for the first time in something like half a year) on Sunday and felt perfectly comfortable the entire time. Today, on the other hand, due to a cold front dumping lots of cold rain overnight, it's felt like right back into the depths of winter. I'm not too surprised, at least, as in my experience it takes till at least mid-November and some years even into December to really warm up in a sustained fashion.

Other than that, not much is going on here; we're all hoping for COVID-19 cases to drop enough to be able to ease some of the lockdown restrictions by the 19th, and I'm just recuperating from the last month or so of hard work for my final review. With the Daylight Savings Time change this weekend I've also got an hour's worth of jet-lag, so I should probably finish this up and get a good night's sleep. A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.