Saturday, May 9, 2020

Ecossaise in E♭ Major by Beethoven (WoO 86)

Back in February I posted about the new hobby I've picked up of engraving music using the LilyPond markup language. I've thought for a while now that it would be nice to share what the music I'm engraving sounds like (especially for the musically non- or semi-literate such as myself), but it turned out to be more complicated process that I expected. Turning MIDI output into a waveform file format which I could include in a video is a bit tricky if you're coming to it fresh like I am, but I have a provisional method of doing so, so I made the short video below as a proof-of-concept for eventually making longer videos of some of the things I've done since. And I have been busy, but I'll leave it to a later post to go into more detail.



For now, just enjoy this short melody (seriously, it's less than thirty seconds long), and play along at home if you're so inclined and able. A hui hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.