Sunday, April 11, 2010

The falls of Hawai`i.

Today my aunt and uncle from Delaware flew into Hilo, so we went out for lunch and had a lovely catching-up chat. After that we went out to Rainbow Falls which is just outside of Hilo, and which had a lot more water going over it than I remember from the last time. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken pictures, but the volume of water going over the falls was probably four or five times greater than it was when I saw it in December. Water was bursting from several channels instead of just one like last time, and plunging in great, overflowing dollops into the pool below, churning up the water and generating massive amounts of mist. No rainbows though, because the sun was in the wrong part of the sky. It was really quite spectacular (no doubt a result of the heavy rains we've been having off and on the last few weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think I said something interesting or insightful? Let me know what you thought! Or even just drop in and say "hi" once in a while - I always enjoy reading comments.